To find and plan my journeys to different countries I have spent countless days reading travel books and searching the Internet.
Here, you will find useful travel resources which will help you to find the desirable international trips, cruises for senior singles, travel partners, and more. Use these excellent resources, and your international trips will be enjoyable and rewarding.
- International Vacation House Exchange – Save Thousands on Your Vacations with Home Exchange.
- Trip Advisor – Reviews on travel-related topics.
- Booking. com – Choose from 1,589,940 properties, including 905,917 vacation rentals. They are located in 124,985 destinations in 230 countries and territories.
- Vacations To Go – On this site, you’ll find the world’s best selection of escorted tours and independent vacations, plus river cruises, expedition cruises and more.
- Travel Forums – Learn from your fellow travelers to get the most out of your next trip.
- Wiki Travel – Up-to-date travel information based on the input from travelers.
- XE Live Exchange Rates – Quickly find current exchange rates.
- Lonely Planet – Lonely Planet Guidebooks with emphasis on budget travel.
- T-Mobile – gives their users contract-free plans (starting at $50 per month) with free international data and text messaging in over 100 countries — plus all calls while in those countries are only 20 cents a minute.
- How to Learn a Foreign Language – Become fluent in a foreign language in 3 Months.
- Electronic Talking Dictionaries – 25 Languages. 60 Models.
- Trip Films – A great resource for finding (or sharing) travel videos.
- Single Cruises
- Vacations to Go – Every year, they select about 15 remarkable itineraries in different regions of the world, on outstanding cruise ships, and negotiate an extremely low rate for single customers. They send trained hosts from their headquarters to organize get-togethers, cocktail parties, dinner seating and more, allowing individuals or friends to travel as part of a fun-loving group of singles.
- Cruise sheet – The cheapest cruises, as cheap as $27 a night. This website is also good for repositioning cruises across oceans.
Finding Travel Partners
- www.cstn.org – Information about singles group tours with “guaranteed share” rates.There is small life membership fee for joining ($28).
- Your Travel Mates – Just enter the age group of people, your potential travel partners, and register.
- Travel Meetups – Find seniors who love to travel through Travel Companion Meetup groups.
- Cruises Meetups near you – Find out what’s happening in Cruises Meetup groups around the world and start meeting up with the ones near you.
- Google Flights – Enter your departure airport, and you will see flights all over the world on a map. It allows you to choose the cheapest destination. Besides, Google Flights will suggest you different dates for cheaper flights.
- Skyscanner – On this website, you can search a lot of different airlines, including many budget carriers.
- Momondo – My favorite search engine which will help you to find airlines with the best deals. Their calendar view lets you see which days are cheapest to fly.
- Kayak Explore – Don’t care where you’re going? See airfare to major airports by price range.
- Excellent books about Japan, my favorite country
- Seven Years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer
- Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Unlikely Destinations: The Lonely Planet Story by Tony Wheeler
- The Turk Who Loved Apples by Matt Gross
- Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure by Sarah MacDonald
- Paris Was Ours by Penelope Rowlands